Final month, the Chair of the Egmont Group, Mrs. Hennie Verbeek-Kusters, sat down with Mr. Keith Nuthall from Cash Laundering Bulletin to conduct a video interview.
The 30-minute interview explored the challenges and impacts of COVID-19 on the AML/CFT system. Mrs. Verbeek-Kusters elaborated on how FIUs have tailored to the pandemic to proceed their work and data exchanges with the Egmont Group, providing assist to members all through the pandemic. The EG Chair affirmed that regardless of the pandemic, the quantity of data shared amongst FIUs has not modified. Topics like terrorist financing, the misappropriation of public funds ensuing from COVID-19 spurred monetary support packages, baby sexual abuse and exploitation had been examined by way of a COVID-19 lens.
The interview additionally lined a number of key Egmont Group tasks and areas of curiosity, resembling;
- The ECOFEL’s COVID-19 Digital Roundtables
- The ECOFEL’s COVID-19 Finest Practices Paper
- The Cash Laundering of Critical Tax Crimes
- Little one Abuse and Exploitation
- Commerce-Primarily based Cash Laundering
- FIU Operational Independence and Autonomy
- Cooperation with organizations just like the G20
Cash Laundering Bulletin has graciously made the interview publicly out there, please click on right here to entry the video.