Regardless of the continuing challenges of the COVID-19 pandemic, and over the previous month, the Egmont Group (EG) has remained agile to proceed its necessary work to battle cash laundering and terrorist financing. To perform its work, the EG held digital conferences and out-of-session selections. As well as, Egmont Group HoFIU convened to debate how monetary intelligence models can improve their effectivity via adopting a risk-based strategy. The Technical Help and Coaching Working Group, together with the IEWG, additionally organized coaching for FIU analysts.
Because the Egmont Group HoFIU webinars and operational coaching periods have drawn to an in depth, the Egmont Group want to lengthen its because of all moderators, presenters and panellists whose contributions helped make sure the success of the conferences.
The Egmont Group additionally appreciates the lively participation of all attendees who actively engaged within the conferences.
New Egmont Group Vice-Chair
Throughout, the HoFIU conferences, the Egmont Group chosen a brand new Vice-Chair, Mrs. Anne-Marie KEMNA (HoFIU Curaçao). Mrs. KEMNA can be one of many Regional Representatives for the Americas area. The Egmont Group seems ahead to persevering with to work with Mrs. KEMNA in her new position!
The Egmont Group extends its because of Mr. Sergio ESPINOSA (HoFIU Peru) for stepping in as interim EG Vice-Chair. Mr. Espinosa, your dedication and contributions are drastically appreciated.
New Egmont Group Member
The EG can be happy to announce that our membership has elevated to 167 with the addition of the Monetary Intelligence Company, Botswana! The EG welcomes its new member and appears ahead to working collectively on the joint mission to fight cash laundering and terrorist financing.
Modifications to the Egmont Committee
Because the Egmont Regional Group conferences have ended, the Egmont Group would love to thank the next departing Egmont Committee (EC) members:
- Mr. Sergio ESPINOSA (UIF-Peru), Americas Area
- Mr. Dian Ediana RAE (PPATK, Indonesia), Asia and Pacific Area
- Ms. Sandra HALL (FIU Seychelles), East and Southern Africa Area
- Mr. Ghazi AL ABDULJALIL (KwFIU, KUWAIT), Regional Consultant, the Center East and Northern Africa Area
The EG needs every departing EC member all the most effective of their future endeavours and want to categorical honest gratitude for his or her contributions to the Egmont Group and the worldwide AML/CFT neighborhood.
To fill the newly vacant Egmont Committee roles, the EG welcomes the next EC members:
- Mr. Amr RASHED (EMLCU, Egypt), Technical Help and Coaching Working Group Chair
- Mrs. Anne-Marie KEMNA (FIU Curaçao), Americas Area
- Mr. Santiago NIETO (FIU-MEXICO), Americas Area
- Ms. Nuralia RAHIM (UPK, Brunei Darussalam), Asia and Pacific Area
- Ms. Francisca BRITO (UIF, Angola), East and Southern Africa Area
- Mr. Yury KOROTKYI (FFMS, Russia), Eurasia Area
- Ms. Oxana GISCA (SPCSB, Moldova), Europe II Area
- Ms. Could AL KHALIFA (FID, BAHRAIN), the Center East and Northern Africa Area
Mrs. Ramatoulaye GADIO AGNE (CENTIF, Senegal) will stay within the position of Regional Consultant for the West and Central Africa Area till a substitute is chosen.
The EG seems ahead to working with all new EC members to reinforce worldwide cooperation between FIUs to fight cash laundering and terrorist financing extra successfully.